TSB Quarterly Review — Second quarter 2017-18
Over the last quarter, we have been working very hard, deploying to 15 accident sites, releasing 16 investigation reports, and issuing three new recommendations, always with the aim of advancing transportation safety. The TSB held four media events across the country and as a result, our spokespeople gave numerous interviews, spreading our safety message.
In addition, our Annual Report was tabled in Parliament this summer, featuring investigation highlights, statistics, and status of Board recommendations. Representatives from the TSB participated in various outreach activities, and we were pleased to welcome a delegation from Nicaragua seeking feedback from the TSB regarding the creation of a similar agency in their country.
As usual, we will keep on working hard as we strive for a safer transportation system from coast to coast to coast.
- Loss of control and collision with terrain near Pickle Lake, ON (Sept 2017)
- Nose landing gear collapse at Gander International Airport, NL (Sept 2017)
- Close-quarters crossing in Halifax Harbour, NS (Sept 2017)
- Fire aboard tug on the Fraser River, BC (Sept 2017)
- In-flight avionics compartment fire en route from Boston, MA, U.S. (Sept 2017)
- Collision with terrain near Tadoussac, QC (Sept 2017)
- Collision between freight train and hi-rail vehicle near Chapleau, ON (Aug 2017)
- Helicopter crash near Prince George, BC (Aug 2017)
- Collision between two tugs near Nanaimo, BC (Aug 2017)
- Accident aboard small aquaculture vessel near Milligan's Wharf, PEI (Aug 2017)
- Temporary difficulty with aircraft control at Mont-Joli Airport, QC (Aug 2017)
- Derailment and fire near Gogama, ON (Aug 2017)
- Collision and derailment between two trains in Toronto, ON (Aug 2017)
- Capsizing of a fishing vessel near Salmon Beach, NB (July 2017)
- Railway crossing accident in Langley, BC (July 2017)
- Collision with terrain near Parry Sound, ON (July 2017)
- TSB 2016-17 Annual Report to Parliament features investigation highlights, statistics, and status of Board recommendations
Blog posts: The TSB Recorder
- World Maritime Day 2017 – "Connecting Ships, Ports and People"
- On the run (and swim and bike) with TSB's Juan Navarro
- Adventures in accident investigation: Innovation for answers
Investigator-in-Charge Pierre Gavillet and Chair Kathy Fox at the news conference for the release of investigation report A15Q0120 on September 5, 2017.
- Trois-Rivières, QC (Marine)
- Goderich, ON (Air)
- Port-Cartier, QC (Marine)
- Saskatoon, SK (Rail)
- Airport, MB (Air)
- Beauharnois, QC (Marine)
- Saint-Jean-Port-Joli, QC (Rail)
- Swift Current, SK (Air)
- Toronto, ON (Air)
- Dominion City, MB (Rail)
- La Crete, AB (Air)
- Kingston, ON (Marine)
- Toronto, ON (Air)
- Sainte-Madeleine, QC (Rail)
- Strathroy, ON (Rail)
This is not a comprehensive list.
- Date modified: