TSB Quarterly Review — Third quarter 2016-17
The start of a new year is a natural opportunity to look back and reflect on the work we've accomplished. Over the last quarter of 2016, we have deployed investigators to 14 accident sites across the country, released 7 investigation reports and started 9 new investigations.
We published a Marine Safety Information Letter following the September 2016 gangway collapse at the wharf in Sainte-Rose-du-Nord, and the release of our 2016 Watchlist garnered a lot of attention from the media and stakeholders. We also published an investigation update, providing additional factual information on last October's air accident involving a Cessna Citation aircraft in Kelowna, BC.
As 2017 unfolds, we will continue to strive to ensure that the key safety issues identified on our Watchlist are addressed. We will be proactive by meeting with change agents to discuss these issues and what can be done to make our transportation system safer. It's a new year, and our commitment remains unwavering. The advancement of transportation safety in Canada depends on it.
Happy New Year!
- Commercial fishing fatalities off the west coast of Vancouver Island (December 2016)
- Fatal helicopter accident near Rigolet, Newfoundland and Labrador (November 2016)
- CN train derailment near Clair, Saskatchewan (November 2016)
- Forced landing on Highway 97 near Osoyoos, British Columbia (November 2016)
- Mid-air collision near Fort McMurray, Alberta (October 2016)
- Risk of collision at a CN work site in Whitby, Ontario, in October 2015 (October 2016)
- Fatal loss of control near Sudbury, Ontario (October 2016)
- Marine Safety Information Letter following the September 2016 gangway collapse at the wharf in Sainte-Rose-du-Nord, Quebec
- TSB releases new Watchlist
- Kelowna investigation update: on-site operations wrapping up
- TSB reiterates call for expanded requirements for the use of cockpit voice recorders and flight data recorders
Blog posts: The TSB Recorder
- Reaching out: one more way to advance safety
- Behind the curtain: A look at what goes on before a news conference
Recent blog post:
Reaching out: one more way to advance safety
- Delta (BC) (Rail)
- Calgary International Airport (AB) (Air)
- Estevan (SK) (Rail)
- Grande Cache (AB) (Rail)
- Athlone Island, Seaforth Channel (BC) (Marine)
- Sudbury (ON) (Air)
- Kelowna (BC) (Air)
- Laidman Lake (BC) (Air)
- Tofino (BC) (Marine)
This is not a comprehensive list.